Asymptote with option '-tex lualatex' makes an unexpected shift

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Nov 23 19:07:00 GMT 2019

On 11/22/2019 7:24 AM, Lemures Lemniscati wrote:
> Hi! And thank you for maintaining many packages!
>
> I've experienced a situation:
>
> Asymptote with option '-tex lualatex' makes an unexpected shift.
> (I've installed all the texlive packages by setup*.exe.)
>
> I opened an issue on its main stream https://github.com/vectorgraphics/asymptote/issues/123
>
> But No one seems to reproduce it.
> I don't know whether it is an issue only on cygwin or not.
>
> Does anyone have a good idea?

I can reproduce this, both with Cygwin's TeX Live packages and with native TeX
Live on Cygwin, installed by following the instructions at

   https://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html

starting with downloading install-tl-unx.tar.gz.

But I'm not yet convinced that this is a Cygwin issue.  Bowman said he couldn't
see a difference between the two PDFs, but maybe he didn't know what to look
for.  He didn't respond to your posts in which you supplied the two PDFs.  I'd
like to try this myself on Linux before I conclude that it's a Cygwin issue.

Ken