I am trying to build imagemagick with heic support

Cary Lewis cary.lewis@gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:57:00 GMT 2019

I downloaded libheif and when I configured it and built with the
--enable-shared option, it didn't build a .dll

The /usr/lib/libheif.la doesn't contain a library:

# libheif.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.6
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname=''

# Names of this library.
library_names=''

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libheif.a'

# Linker flags that cannot go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' /usr/lib/libde265.la -lpthread'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libheif.
current=6
age=5
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=no

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib'

When imagemagick tries to link, I get this error:

*** Warning: This system cannot link to static lib archive /usr/lib/libheif.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Has anyone successfully built ImageMagick with heic support on Cygwin?