Package Unicode-UCD 10 Outdated and New CLDR 36 and ICU 65 Just Announced

Mon Oct 7 15:52:00 GMT 2019

Hi folks,

I just looked at /usr/share/unicode/ucd/ and noticed the package is at version
10, a couple of versions back from current 12.1, issued earlier this year to
support changes for the new Japanese emperor Reiwa era:

	http://blog.unicode.org/2019/05/unicode-12-1-en.html

and wonder whether other Unicode and UCD based packages are downloading,
maintaining, and using their own current copies, or still using outdated data.

I also noticed package unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation 30.0.3 appears to be a
couple of years out of date.

While on the Unicode site, I also noticed that CLDR 36 has just been released:

	http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-36

and ICU updated:

	http://site.icu-project.org/download/65

and the latter site left lower sidebar gives the ongoing Schedule for all
projects, which may be useful as it estimates the annual Unicode and semiannual
CLDR and ICU release dates:

Schedule
2019-03
  Unicode 12