bash (3312) C:\tools\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x180331408/0x18032D408.

Sat Oct 19 16:51:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-10-19 06:44, Ilʹja Šipicin wrote:
> sb, 19 okt. 2019 g. v 17:32, Biswapriyo Nath:
>> It seems to be issue in Travis CI. See this forum post:
>> https://travis-ci.community/t/cygwin-issue-cygheap-base-mismatch-detected/5359
>> If you are in hurry you can use Appveyor CI. I'm using it without any
>> issue. One has to just add `C:\cygwin64\bin` in PATH variable in YAML file.

> thank for another hint.
> I added 'get-childitem C:\cygwin64\bin'
> https://travis-ci.com/chipitsine/travis-cygwin/builds/132645696
> gci : Cannot find path 'C:\cygwin64\bin' because it does not exist.

He suggested adding the Cygwin bin to PATH: you have to find it; does not matter
where it exists, run:

	$ find /proc/cygdrive/?/ -name cygwin1.dll

or a global Windows search on My Computer/This PC/Cortana/etc.

> seems, it does not exist. no point to add it to PATH
> there's no hurry. I want to resolve it. My issue is the same as
> described on forum - builds used to work and accidentally stopped
> working (with the same error)

If you read the problem report, the issue is that the Travis provided
Git-for-Windows AKA Git-Bash AKA MSYS2/Cygwin Git/Bash/cygwin1.dll are installed
where its cygwin1.dll can be found via the path, but the shell child processes
are running using a different version of cygwin1.dll via the path, possibly
after installing new packages using a package manager like chocolatey or pacman.

Try running:

	$ which -a cygwin1.dll

and maybe:

	$ cygpath -alpw "$PATH"

to see what is active, and delete whichever installation is redundant.