Cygwin command line download issue

Jim Rather kaoscoach@hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:42:00 GMT 2019

I only get two lines in setup.log.full with regards to crypto-policies

Found category Base in package crypto-policies
Added manual package crypto-policies

I am confused, this script has worked faithfully for at least a year. I just emptied by %cyg_dir% and re-ran it. Afterwards, I am missing many basic packages like alternatives, bash, etc. so I am not sure what has changed and welcome any suggestions.

Here is my .bat script, I use the powershell command to grab the latest setup-x86_64.exe

@echo off
setlocal

set url=http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
set cyg_dir=t:\cygwin64
set cyg_setup=%cyg_dir%\setup-x86_64.exe

powershell -command "invoke-webrequest -uri %url% -outfile %cyg_setup%"

%cyg_setup% ^
 --arch x86_64 ^
 --categories Admin,Archive,Base,Database,Editors,GNOME,Graphics,Interpreters,KDE,Libs,^
Lua,LXDE,Mail,MATE,Math,Net,Ocaml,Office,Perl,PHP,Publishing,Python,Ruby,Scheme,Science,^
Security,Shells,Sugar,System,Tcl,Text,Utils,Web,X11,Xfce ^
 --delete-orphans ^
 --disable-buggy-antivirus ^
 --download ^
 --force-current ^
 --local-package-dir %cyg_dir% ^
 --no-admin ^
 --no-desktop ^
 --no-shortcuts ^
 --no-startmenu ^
 --no-version-check ^
 --only-site ^
 --prune-install ^
 --quiet-mode ^
 --remove-categories Accessibility,Audio,Debug,Devel,Doc,Games,Video ^
 --site http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin/ ^
 --verbose

:end