getent doesn't work properly

Maayan Apelboim Maayan.Apelboim@clarizen.com
Wed Oct 23 11:17:00 GMT 2019

Is "UK" the name of the local machine or the name of your domain?

How does your /etc/nsswitch.conf file look like?

Do you still have /etc/passwd and /etc/group files?  If so, does removing the files change the above behaviour?  If so, can you attach both files verbatim to your reply?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

----------------------------
Hi,

UK is my domain.
I'm not using passwd and group files after being advised in the past not to.
My /etc/nsswitch.conf is default. Didn't make any changes to this file.

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
#    This file is read once by the first process in a Cygwin process tree.
#    To pick up changes, restart all Cygwin processes.  For a description
#    see https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch
#
# Defaults:
# passwd:   files db
# group:    files db
# db_enum:  cache builtin
# db_home:  /home/%U
# db_shell: /bin/bash
# db_gecos: <empty>

Thanks
 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ