[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST: Cygwin 3.1.0-0.3

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sat Sep 7 03:32:00 GMT 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 12:02:36 +0200
Thomas Wolff wrote:
> A tool that sets up conpty itself (rawpty from
> https://github.com/Biswa96/wslbridge2) does not work anymore with
> conpty-enabled cygwin. This suggest that double-conpty enabling may be
> interfering.
> Unfortunately, I have not yet had the time to checkout the patch code in
> detail, but my suspicion is that conpty may be enabled always, while it
> should in fact be activated only if a non-cygwin program is run.
> Please check out on this.

I have not looked into this yet, but as you might expect, the pseudo
console is always enabled behind even if it is not used.

Owing to this, a cygwin program which directly accesses the console,
as your previous test case, can work normally by just switching the
r/w pipe to pseudo console side.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>