Copy/paste from Xterm to Windows stops working

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 10 23:17:00 GMT 2019

After I copy/paste enough, either from Xterm to Xterm, or Xterm to
Windows, eventually it stops working.  I can still select text in the
Xterm, but I'm unable to paste it into windows - nothing happens.  My
fuzzy recollection is that copy/paste from X to X still works, but I
forgot to test that today.

The only way I have found to fix this is to exit the X server and
restart it.  Simply creating a new Xterm does not fix the problem.

1.  Is there any information I can provide to help debug this problem?

2.  Is there a way to reset the X server's (or maybe Windows')
copy/paste buffer without having to close all my X windows and restart
the server?

Thanks - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us