win-mounts no longer displays anything when doing "cat /proc/partitions"

Hashim Aziz hashaziz@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 21:03:00 GMT 2019

I've been using Cygwin loyally for almost 5 years now, and throughout that time have found the win-mounts column invaluable to find a drive or USB's /dev/sdX mapping, by doing cat /proc/partitions. I haven't run that command in a while, however, and today I realised that this functionality no longer seems to work - no Windows drive mapping information displays in the win-mounts column, so now I'm unable to determine which drive /dev/sdX corresponds to. See here<https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/379346/216754> for another user who also found this functionality no longer worked for them, which was my impetus in reporting this bug. That user is on Windows XP, and I'm on Windows 7. Maybe some testing could be done to confirm whether this problem is limited to those systems, or whether this really is a Cygwin-wide bug introduced in the last year or so.

Thanks,
Hashim