Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Named pipes and multiple writers

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Apr 1 13:47:00 GMT 2020

On 4/1/2020 3:45 AM, sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> Thanks.  This runs fine with the current HEAD of topic/fifo.
>
> We are very grateful for your efforts
>
> The test-program works fine now with the latest commits in topic/fifo
>
> There are some (possible other) issues that make our application doesn't
> work as in Linux and we haven't had the time to dig into what the problems
> are yet. A quick guess is that it is related to signals and possible related
> to pselect, but we need to dig deeper into the logic to narrow down the
> problems. Shall we "close" this issue even if we find out that there's still
> problems with "named pipes" later on ?

You can write again any time that you discover further problems.  The Cygwin
project doesn't have any mechanism for closing issues.

> The application server (the open source project) that we're trying to make
> work in Windows can be found here https://bitbucket.org/casualcore/ (if
> interested)

Thanks, I'll take a look at some point.

> Once again, tnx Ken

Thank you for reporting the problem.  The code probably hasn't been exercised
very much up to now.

Ken