Problem about installing PGI on Cygwin

Tim Prince tcprince@live.com
Thu Apr 2 14:48:40 GMT 2020

On 4/2/2020 9:14 AM, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin wrote:
>> I tried to install PGI (Linux version) on Cygwin, however, Cygwin told me that PGI can only be installed under Linux operator system. So is there any method to install PGI on Cygwin?
>
> What is PGI? Where do you get it?
>
> --

Cygwin never aimed to be a binary compatible linux emulator.  I have run
the PGI for windows  Of course, Visual Studio compatible tools aren't
link compatible with any cygwin tools, other than possibly, if not
depending on run time library compatibility, the mingw ones.  A few
years ago, Lahey attempted to market commercial support for gfortran
under cygwin, but I don't think it was successful, beyond implementing
some important improvements in gfortran.