Using ARM GNU GCC with Cygwin

Åke Rehnman ake.rehnman@gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 18:58:15 GMT 2020

On 2020-04-04 16:32, Kaz Kylheku via Cygwin wrote:
> On 2020-04-04 02:00, Ben wrote:
>> Is there something else I'm missing?
>
> That by cross-compiling for your targets on Cygwin instead of a real
> POSIX OS, you will something like double your compile times, if not more.
>
> Why would you involve Cygwin in a development activity whose target
> isn't POSIX on Windows.

Most strange comment I have read... With your reasoning why bother with
cygwin at all for any reason?

I do cross compiling all the time in cygwin and the reason is of course
to not have to deal with windows paths and what not plus you have access
to all the build tools like make binutils grep sed autotools.