open descriptor to named pipes sometimes fail

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Apr 7 16:01:19 GMT 2020

On 4/7/2020 11:10 AM, Kristian Ivarsson via Cygwin wrote:
> Opening a (second) descriptor for (blocking) write sometimes fail
>
> The provided test case sometimes succeed, but quite often fail with ENOENT
> (in various indexes)
>
> I haven't dug deeper to find the underlaying cause yet
>
> Have anyone experienced this before ?

I can't reproduce this on my system.  I changed 1000 to 10000 and then ran your
test case 10 times, and it never failed.  I tested both cygwin-3.1.4 and the
HEAD of the topic/fifo branch (which I recently force-pushed in case you want to
try it).

Can you run your test under strace and see if that provides a clue?

Ken