Sv: unlink does not remove named pipe

sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:52:49 GMT 2020

> Greetings, Kristian Ivarsson via Cygwin!
>
> > If you're creating a lot's of named pipes in main process and in
> > children and then using unlink, some of the named pipe files are not
> > removed from the file system and no error is issued, i.e. unlink
> > doesn't return -1
>
> Open file will not be immediately removed on Windows.
> However, if the file was deleted successfully, consequent attempts at
> opening it will fail.

I guess you're right Andrey and it was just merely a delay in Windows,
because the link/file-counter seem to be 0 and it was just an observable
defect but not an practical defect (once I tested it in other ways, i.e.
fopen etc didn't act as it existed)

I'll come back if I encounter any practical/programatic problems with it

I'm sorry for not testing it properly before I did this "report"

Kristian