Two naive questions

Fri Apr 17 17:31:32 GMT 2020

On 2020-04-17 05:17, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
>>> usually it is just reply to the list on your mail program.
> Yeah, I now see how it all works. Thank you.

When Reply List doesn't work, pick Reply All and trim the To and Reply To
addresses to just the list address, and maybe a CC to what may be a
non-subscriber if you don't recognize them.

>>> Cygwin is a guest on it, we are not the maintainers.
> Understood. Thank you.

> On 17 April 2020 06:11, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 16.04.2020 um 22:21 schrieb Fergus Daly via Cygwin:
>> I've been reading/writing to this list since 2001 or maybe earlier and
>> have only just Subscribe'd. Mainly because I have been aware when
>> contributing to a thread I have always broken it by not using Follow-up
>> properly, just artificially including the title prefix Re: in what is
>> essentially a new post.
>> Having Subscribe'd, I'm no clearer how to do this properly.
>> 1. Please can somebody point me to an instruction?
> usually it is just reply to the list on your mail program.
>> 2. Since when the new look provided by
>> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/ ?
> new server for sourceware.org with new software in March
> https://sourceware.org/sourceware-wiki/MigrationStatus/
> Cygwin is a guest on it, we are not the maintainers.
>> Is there a way to default to the "legacy" look provided at, say,
>> https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/cygwin/2019-04/
>> but not obviously available today (even by changing 2019 to 2020 in the
>> line above)?
>> (I've looked for what I had assumed would be a long conversation on this
>> change, but cannot find anything.)

Infrastructure issues are dealt with on:

and the move/migration was dealt with under:

	https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2020q1/thread.html
	(#start and #end anchors go to oldest and newest posts)

starting:

	https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2020q1/016620.html

You can find mentions of overseers in some sourceware pages.