katomic and atomix will not run

Phoenix Soul phoenixlight101@gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:16:21 GMT 2020

I decided that I was going to get katomic and atomix for cygwin, and
selected the most recent version listed.
atomix refuses to run and says:
Unable to init server: Could not connect to 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

(atomix:1495): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
katomic says:
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to
'/tmp/runtime-warri_000'
qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Could not connect to any X display.
I have already tried using source as well. I have already pinged 127.0.0.1
(localhost) to ensure that it does exist. What must be done to fix it.
Windows version is 8.1, and this is a no admin installation.