[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: curl 7.71.1-1

Tue Aug 11 22:00:47 GMT 2020

On 2020-08-11 09:03, ASSI wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> So the distribution names are the obvious perl-dbd-sqlite and perl-io-pty and
>> neither appear to be available from Cygwin?
>
> Nah, perl distribution names are CamelCased and Cygwin keeps that
> convention. Also you didn't actually look up the distribution for
> IO::Pty but just guessed.  So, correcting both mistakes will get you:
> perl-DBD-SQLite and perl-IO-Tty.  These are Cygwin packages you can
> install.

Looked up dist names on MetaCPAN but did not notice the unexpected switch from
-pty to -tty (read it as I expected to see it), nor considered case significant
in Cygwin package names (ugh!) - I use apt-cyg for many operations on 64 bit
except upgrades - apt-cyg needs updated to make search operations case insensitive.

>> The git.cygport specifies these as perl module names, which presumably
>> perl.cygclass handles?
>
> Yes, by trying to load the module from the current Perl installation.
> In other words there's no check for any particular Cygwin package being
> installed there at all.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]