Need upgrade/update advice/procedures: Cygwin32 to Cygwin64

Mike O'Brien jmobr7@gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:49:51 GMT 2020

On 8/13/2020 3:10 PM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 13.08.2020 20:25, Mike O'Brien via Cygwin wrote:
>> My first and only post —
>>
>> I would like to upgrade/update/switch from Cygwin32 to Cygwin64 (on
>> Win 7x64, sp1) and I'm not so sure what all the likely pitfalls may
>> be. Would appreciate any pertinent advice, informational links, etc.
>> that experienced users may wish to share. I've searched around and
>> pieced together a few insights, but I would be remiss not to ask here...
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> Mike O'B.
>>

> duplicate installation with the attached script
>
>   ./cyg-reinstall.sh -A
>   sed -e "s/setup-x86/setup-x86_64/" cyg-reinstall-x86.bat >
> cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat
>
> run the "cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat" script in the same directory of
> "setup-x86_64.exe"
>
> after you can use your 32bit to copy the /home/<your_user>
> and all the content of "/etc" that you have customized.
>
> Regards
> Marco
>
> --
> Problem reports:https://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:https://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:https://cygwin.com/docs.html

All done and looking good!
That wasn't painful at all — much to my surprise . . .
Seriously though, thank you, Marco.

Mike O'B.
--
Mater mea, et are Hibernica Pater, et Ego Hibernica quoque!