Need information on creating service user to connect from the Agent server to Windows hosts for installing agents on remote

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 09:36:10 GMT 2020

On 16.08.2020 10:17, Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I'm facing below issue while trying to start CYGSSHD server. I'm running the below command as an Administrator but not sure why cygsshd is not starting. Any help?
> $ net start cygsshd
> The CYGWIN cygsshd service is starting.
> The CYGWIN cygsshd service could not be started.
>
> The service did not report an error.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
>
> Subramanya

I saw the same problem.
The /var/log/sshd.log gave me the hint:
Permissions 0640 for '/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key' are too open.
It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
..
Permissions 0640 for '/etc/ssh_host_ecdsa_key' are too open.
It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
..
Permissions 0640 for '/etc/ssh_host_ed25519_key' are too open.
It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

from the Admin account

  $ cd /etc