Issue in starting the CYGSSHD service

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Mon Aug 17 18:43:09 GMT 2020

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 10:37 AM Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:

Has anyone faced the same issue I'm facing now ? After installation of
> CYGWIN I tried to run command to start cygsshd in CYGWIN terminal with
> Admin privalages and facing the below error. Any help would be great thanks!

Judging from the lack of responses, I would guess that not many are running
into the problem you're having, which is apparently caused by a
configuration problem in your specific cygwin installation.

I would suggest installing a cygwin instance on a different machine and
setting it up per the docs.

Once that's working, compare the configuration files between the one that's
not working and the one that is working.

Bill