[Attn: gcc maintainers] Re: unhandled C++ exceptions not propagating

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Aug 17 18:44:28 GMT 2020

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> This stuff isn't really my strong point.  IIUC the above comment correctly,
> we might get away with adding another case to the exception handler switch:
>
>   #define STATUS_GCC_THROW 0x20474343
>   case STATUS_GCC_THROW:
>     return ExceptionContinueExecution;
>
> Did you try that, by any chance?

There is a clear expectation that SEH is available on 64bit as expressed
in cygming.h from gcc (but not on 32bit, which explains why there's no
problem there):

#define TARGET_SEH  (TARGET_64BIT_MS_ABI && flag_unwind_tables)

and MS_ABI is the default for 64bit, flag_unwind_tables is a global
variable that is set to 1 by default and very few platforms set it to 0.

Regards,
Achim.