Build of glm-0.9.7.6-1-src.tar.xz does not work.

Carlo B. carlo.bramini@gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:35:59 GMT 2020

Hello,
I tried to rebuild glm-0.9.7.6-1-src.tar.xz but the "install" command
does not work.
I'm getting this error message:

>>> Installing glm-0.9.7.6-1.noarch
make: ***  Nessuna regola per generare l'obiettivo «install».  Arresto.
*** ERROR: make install DESTDIR failed

Translated in english, it should be something like this:
"No rules to generate target <<install>>. Stop."

I did NO changes to the files into glm-0.9.7.6-1-src.tar.xz.
Strangely, cygport cannot build the CYGWIN package, but it builds
mingw64-i686-glm and mingw64-x86_64-glm without errors. The CYGWIN and
MinGW-W64 scripts have some differences actually.
If somebody could check this, perhaps it would be good to also
evaluate the chance to update all GLM packages to a newer version.
The current source packages for all builds, CYGWIN and MinGW-W64,
include a patch for fixing a bug into the sources; nowadays, this bug
has been resolved into the official sources and into the latest
0.9.9.8 version:

https://github.com/g-truc/glm/blob/master/test/gtc/gtc_round.cpp#L451

so the packages could be also simplified, because they do not need a
patch anymore.

I'm trying to update GLM because it is a required dependency for
building KiCad, an Open Source Electronics Design software, so I hope
that somebody could understand the first issue and also update the
package with a newer version.

Sincerely,