Cannot access network drive or shares

C Goh gohcc83@gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 04:50:05 GMT 2020

Method 1: Map drive

I have some issue using cygwin to access the network drive. I have three
VM(A, B, C). Environment: VM A(11.11.11.1) is used as NAS and I also
created a share folder inside VM A. I Installed cygwin on window VM
B(11.11.11.2) and map a network drive(the share folder) from VM A. I used
another Linux VM C to SSH access to VM B successfully but I cant access the
network drive even I use net use command.

--------Error msg:-----------

$ net use z: \\11.11.11.1\share password /user:admin System error 5 has
occurred.

Access is denied. --------end of error msg---------------

Q1) How do I solve the above access denied issue?

Q2) How do I configure VM B such a way that I can ssh to VM B to access
network drive without specifiying the net use command

Method 2: network Share folder

I tried to use mklink also not working

lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators NODE1+None 18 Aug 22 07:25 share -> //
10.10.10.1/share lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators Domain Users 18 Aug 22 08:02
share1 -> //10.10.10.1/share

Without ssh-copy-id, I can ssh in and access the share folder

The moment i ssh-copy-id, I tried to access share or share1. I got
permission denied