[cygwin] Re: Mandatory ASLR breaks Cygwin - Windows 10

Tue Aug 25 21:49:20 GMT 2020

On 2020-08-25 09:56, Eliot Moss wrote:
> Meanwhile, WSL version 2 runs under a hypervisor and thus implements its own
> fork directly, giving speeds more like Linux (a _lot_ faster). Hence it is
> clear that the Windows OS team do not intend to support fork - they'd just say
> "use a hypervisor".

Good advice which I took, and find running a lightweight distro in a VM gets
near native performance, without worrying about what MS "Linux" or Windows does
or supports, plus you can use multiple processes, with X and all services,
without limits other than those applied to the VM:

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
	-- Henry Spencer

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]