[cygwin] Issue on output when using javac or scalac under emacs

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Aug 26 09:17:11 GMT 2020

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:31:35 +0200
Luc Henninger wrote:
> Le 26/08/2020 à 01:19, Jason Pyeron a écrit :

I'm not sure what you meant by emacs_w32, but if you start make by
M-x compile, I guess
env CYGWIN=disable_pcon emacs
will solve the issue.

> I currently use emacs release 27.1 for all emacses, but I verify that I
> have the same strange behaviour with emacs 26.3.
>
> Can anybody explain this? and more gane give a workaround?

Cygwin 3.1.x and later enables pseudo console for non-cygwin apps.
Pseudo console generates some ANSI escape sequences if non-cygwin
apps are executed. However, emacs provides dumb terminal for M-x
compile, M-x shell or M-x eshell. As a result, the problem occurs.

CYGWIN=disable_pcon disables pseudo console, so it will resolve
the issue.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>