Sv: Sv: Limit for number of child processes

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Aug 29 10:01:30 GMT 2020

> On Aug 28 12:02, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
>> On 8/28/2020 9:36 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> As POC, I added a bit of code to maintain a second array, which is only
>>> allocated (using HeapAlloc so as not to spill into the child processes)
>>
>> Should there be a call to HeapFree somewhere, or is there some reason this
>> isn't needed?
>
> It's local memory in a single process, and it's allocated only once.
> There's no reason to shrink or free this ever again.

It took a night's sleep for this to fully sink in, but I get it now.  A class
that allocates memory would normally have a destructor that frees the memory.
But only one instance of this class is created per process, so there's no need
for the destructor.

I'll send a patch with a comment in case you think it might be helpful to future
readers of the code.

Ken