[QUAR] Re: cpp /usr/include/threads.h fails; modfl segfaults

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Aug 30 18:21:58 GMT 2020

On 8/30/2020 12:11 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 8/29/2020 5:41 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
>> It seems the math functions in winsup were not built quite right ...
>
> That's a pretty broad generalization to make based on one reported bug (which Corinna fixed within
> 24 hours of the report).

I certainly did not mean to offend or demean anyone or their work.
I think what I said is true, in some sense - that particular function
was broken in certain versions.  I sing Corinna's praises all the time,
and greatly value all the volunteer work here!  (Sometimes manage to
help a little myself.)  What I was pointing to was that the issue was
not in the OP's program or gcc's compilation or optimization thereof,
but that the issue was in the (compiled version of the) mod function
itself ...

This helps indicate who might be able to diagnose and fix it ...

Regards - EM