cygwin qsort erratic

Kurt-Karen Carlson-Lougheed denalisun907@gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:27:01 GMT 2020

In a small percentage of qsort requests, the results are erratic. Running
the same code under Linux (RHEL7) does NOT have this problem. I updated my
cygwin to current and the problem persists. I copied the latest netbsd.org
qsort.c and compiled into my code, the problem is resolved with that
version of qsort.

In researching this issue, there was a post to this list 2015-01-11
reporting a
'damaged' qsort. This may still be the same issue. The netbsd version I am
now using is dated 2017-05-19.

My code experiencing this is SourceForge uac19, I'll be posting the
corrected version (v3.2) with the netbsd qsort tomorrow after completing
validation tests. I would ultimately like to see cygwin's qsort fixed.
Regards, Kurt