ssh to cygwin-box and access remote exe fails saying exe is a directory

Raj Kumar Sanpui raj.kumar.sanpui@gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:46:09 GMT 2020

I haven't received any help/suggestions from the forum, but i tried digging
deeper.
Now i can see the "Is a directory" error happens if I do passwordless ssh
(copying my public key using ssh-copy-id) to remote Cygwin box and try
executing the exe, i get the error.

rsanpui@cygwin ~
$ "//DNVM/E920/System920/x86/MyWorld Client Install/install/setup.exe"
-bash: //DNVM/E920/System920/x86/MyWorld Client
Install/install/setup.exe: Is a directory

If i do a usual password based logging using ssh, then there is no error
message.
    rsanpui@cygwin ~
   $ "//DNVM/E920/System920/x86/MyWorld Client Install/install/setup.exe"

Guys, i am really stuck as we are trying to develop an application which
will do passwordless ssh and execution of the exe. Can someone please
suggest?