Possible vim bug

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Dec 8 20:41:34 GMT 2020

Greetings, Eric Connor!

> I'm not at liberty to share my path, due to the sensitivity of my position,
> but it *does *include /usr/bin, and it's the second entry in the value.

If I were you, I'd remove /usr/bin from $PATH.

$ echo "$PATH" | sed -Ee 's/\:/\n/g;'
$HOME/bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/bin
/c/Windows/system32
/c/Windows
/c/Windows/System32/Wbem
/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0
/c/Program Files/WinRAR
/c/Program Files/7-Zip
/c/DrWeb
/c/Programs/VirtualBox
/c/usr/util
/c/usr/ARH
/c/Programs/Subversion/bin
/c/Programs/PuTTY

Rationale being that Cygwin programs deduce setup layout from the first start,
and some programs make wild assumptions about directory layout.
I've seen quite the behavior happening from crossing these two consequences,
when Cygwin took /usr/ for the root of the installation, and one of the
programs tried to find something under /usr/usr/include/.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...