Finding cygport/cygwin source repositories not listed at https://cygwin.org/packages/package_list.html

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 20:31:10 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I have several packages I need the Cygwin source repositories for, but
there is no link from https://cygwin.org/packages/package_list.html to
the cygwin source.

In a few cases the repositories are also out of date (mostly Python
stuff, probably your packages adopted from Yaakov, Marco Atzeri?).

I was wondering if there's a good way to find these/if someone might
know of the top of their head if I list them?

It's quite a lot of packages, so it's likely better if I can be given
pointers.

Full disclaimer: I specifically need the source repos and not just the
source packages because I'm using them for an automated source bundling
tool for my DDRescue-GUI Windows bundle (which is open source but
commercial). I've spent ages writing the script and I'd rather not do it
over again / make lots of modifications and break it.

Any ideas?

Hamish