Cygwin sshd broken by seemingly trivial network change

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Thu Dec 17 17:49:48 GMT 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM Charles Russell wrote:

> The last line was a giveaway.  The problem is with the Windows firewall.
> However, I have found no remedy apart from totally disabling the
> firewall. The old settings no longer work: sshd is enabled for both
> private and public networks, but the firewall is still blocking access.

If you ever got a GUI pop-up in Windows requesting access and you
canceled the dialog, I have noticed that Windows will add a "deny"
rule to the firewall.

Make sure to look carefully through all of the firewall rules and
check whether there is a rule blocking that executable or port.

Just something to check.

Bill