sshd broken by seemingly trivial network change

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Thu Dec 17 23:11:58 GMT 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 2:25 PM Erik Soderquist wrote:

> I've had weird instances where the Windows Firewall tools lied; I
> confirmed this by temporarily shutting down the Windows Firewall
> entirely, then restarting the service having problems and retesting.
> On retest, it worked fine, confirming it was the firewall causing the
> problem.

I have never experienced anything like this, on any Windows version
for any application, after working with just about every version of
Windows firewall since its inception, in a number of different
organizations.

In every case I thought the Windows firewall was the culprit, it turns
out it was my own misunderstanding.

Bill