Problem with installation of Octave

Jay Abel jay.abel@oceansonics.com
Fri Feb 7 21:47:00 GMT 2020

I'm using tcsh and for some reason the default configuration for X11 keeps
leaving zombie dbus processes, none of which seem to be reachable.  For
example, when running Octave I get an error that dbus wasn't replying.  Now,
if within the open xterm window I type dbus-launch and then I run octave,
there is no error.  I noticed that running dbus-launch in the xterm window
creates three environment variables beginning with DBUS_ but the default
startup only creates the first one, DBUS_SESSION or some such.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Cygwin-list-f3.html