Can't compile port qtermwidget

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Feb 9 22:18:00 GMT 2020

On 2/9/2020 5:10 PM, Paul Galbraith via cygwin wrote:
> I was trying to compile the qtermwidget (0.8.0) port with cygport, but I'm getting a lot of Qt
> related errors (see attached).
>
> I was wondering if there's anyone with some Qt experience who could help point me in the right
> direction.  Since it's been 25+ years since I've done anything with a C compiler, I'm inclined to
> believe that I'm missing something obvious (maybe a Qt package that I've missed?).

I am not Qt savvy, but I can think of two generic things to check:

- The Qt version in the cygwin libraries you have, versus what qtermwidget expects.

- The version of the C compiler (gcc keeps evolving, and that sometimes breaks things).
   Maybe there is info on the web about Qt issues with various version of gcc.

HTH ... Eliot Moss