[ANN] Cygwin-OpenSSH 8.2.2.2

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Fri Feb 28 14:51:00 GMT 2020

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 3:31 PM Brian Inglis wrote:

No, you must backport all sources to the current and all previous versions
> and
> redistribute, or at least make them visible and available on your site,
> otherwise you are in breach of the licence and must withdraw all
> distributions

I have removed the package. (The phrase "no good deed goes unpunished"
comes to mind.)

I will put up a separate package later that does not contain any cygwin
binaries and write a script instead that can download the needed binaries
and sources using the cygwin setup tool (that the user will have to
download themselves). In this way I will be hosting no binaries and will
not be in violation of any license.

Bill