X11 forwarding extremely slow (unusable) after Cygwin upgrade (starting from cygwin1.dll version 3.1.0-0.4)

ianpul01@gmail.com ianpul01@gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:26:00 GMT 2020

Now narrowed down to cygwin1.dll version 3.1.0-0.4 as the release which
introduced this issue.

I found the intervening versions between 3.0.7-1 and 3.1.0-1 as test
releases in earlier release archives at crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org, so
incrementally installing those from 3.1.0-0.1, I found that with cygwin1.dll
version 3.1.0-0.3 X11 forwarding works fine, with 3.1.0-0.4 it is extremely
slow (unusably slow for CPU-intensive programs).

Ian