fork: Resource temporarily unavailable errors after upgrading cygwin packages

Peter Dons Tychsen pdt@dontech.dk
Thu Jan 2 21:58:00 GMT 2020

Hi Cygwinners,

On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 10:43 +1100, David Finnie wrote:
> I did as Ken suggested and reverted to 3.0.7-1. (Thanks, Ken !)
>
> That has fixed the issue for me, and the make it now running again
> at
> full speed. I forgot to mention that it did seem somewhat slower
> with
> the new version of cygwin.

I second this. I have the exact same problem on some of my setups.
Reverting to 3.0.7-1 also fixes it for me. Without reverting i get
stuck in processes all the time (especially with make -jx). Also the
slowdown seems apparent here, even though that is not my biggest
concern ATM, but hanging build servers are :-).

My guess would also be the fork changes, even though i have zero proof
so far. Have not had time to debug.

Thanks,

/pedro