io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/setup.rc) failed

David Finnie david.finnie68@gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 06:20:00 GMT 2020

Hi Arpitha,
> I tried executing /bin/rebase -all, that also gives following error "rebase
> too many dlls for availability address space".

Was that using ash or dash after ensuring that all other cygwin
processes have terminated (including any cygwin terminals that you have
open) ?

> I am not sure how to proceed further. Please advise.

There is a problem that I posted with the latest and greatest cygwin
(3.1.2-1) that is very similar, but not 100% the same. I have resolved
my problem for the moment by reverting to 3.0.7-1, and that has also
worked for another user (although that user did have a problem that was
100% the same as mine). Can I suggest giving that a try ?

Dave