Is there a way to clone-install Cygwin?

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Jan 21 00:58:00 GMT 2020

Hi List,

I have a question, is there a way to clone-install Cygwin?

Like I have installed whatever packages I selected on some PC, then maintained that installation for a while,
doing upgrades etc.  Now I need to install the exact same set on another PC.  Can I pull up a list and use it
in a sort of a batch install with setup.exe?  I want to avoid to dumb-copy the entire C:\cygwin tree from one PC to another,
rather use a semi-automatic install procedure from scratch, if possible, using the list of packages that I need.

Thanks for all the insights you can provide.

Cheers,
Anton