No such file or directory

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Jul 6 16:41:11 GMT 2020

Billie Healy via Cygwin writes:
> I downloaded Cygwin for use in a C programming class. I made sure to also
> include gcc, make, nano, and vim. Nano and Vim do fine, but when I enter
> gcc hello.c
> bash reponds "no such file or directory."

It would help if you posted the actual command line and response on the
terminal.  If gcc was complaining about hello.c missing then it would
give you a more elaborate error message than what you have shown and if
bash was complaining about gcc missing it would say "gcc: command not
found".

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: