Setup reports "http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/" no longer supported

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Jul 19 15:13:07 GMT 2020

On 19/07/2020 06:29, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 04:42:33 +0000
> Matt Seitz wrote:
>>> From: Cygwin On Behalf Of Brian Inglis

>>> official Cygwin mirrors any more. It/They may  be out of date or missing some
>>> packages.

Thanks for reporting this.

>>> For more info check: https://cygwin.com/mirrors-report.html
>>> the status counts agree with the server statuses in the tables below.
>>> Most issues are transient or fairly short term; if the mirror status changes to o
>>> out-of-date, you may want to reach out to the mirror host support and report
>>> an issue; if it is a weekend, there may be no support available.
>>
>> Thanks for your help!  I just checked the page, and didn't see any errors reported for "http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/".  I downloaded and ran Setup again and still saw the same error.
>
> Please try
> https://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/
> rather than
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/

Yeah, a few days ago some of the mirrors in the mirror list were
upgraded from http:// to https://, and this seems to be an unfortunate
consequence of the way setup handles that change.

I've re-added the http:// variants to the mirror list, so other people
won't trip over this, but I guess this migration case needs some special
handling in setup.