[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-5.4.0-1

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Mon Jul 20 06:00:02 GMT 2020

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz wrote:

> Gnuplot version 5.4.0 is now available on Cygwin.  The upstream release
> notes are available at:
>
> http://www.gnuplot.info/ReleaseNotes_5_4.html
>

> Cygwin Notes
> ============
[...]
> The qt terminal still doesn't work on Cygwin due to either a Cygwin or
> Qt5 bug that is still under investigation.  If you want to help, please
> install the gnuplot-qt5 package and try to debug it.

If this refers to the issue of not being able to open a Qt terminal for gnuplot
output, I investigated this a year and a half ago.  We opened a Qt bug for it
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74486 but it has languished.

I'll revisit this issue and see if I can submit a patch for Cygwin's Qt package
or gnuplot or whatever would work.  Thanks for the reminder.

..mark