Python Packages

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:15:07 GMT 2020

On 30.07.2020 06:57, Allen Hewes via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few Python packages built (and very minor change) for Python 3.8, but before I follow the directions for package contributions, I have a few questions:
>
> 1. I am only running cygport --64 <PYTHON-PACKAGE>.cygport all-test, is there anything else I should do? I have a local "test" repo I use to get them installed via Cygwin Setup.
>
> 2. I am using the --64 arg to cygport because I don't have a 32-bit install of Cygwin, must I get a 32-bit Cygwin install running so I can make 32-bit packages (to be uploaded)?

on 64 bit the --64 is superfluos
You will need a 32 bit installation for the 32bit packages, but most are
"noarch" so you need to build only once

> 3. Is there decorum for this of work for Cygwin? Like a packagers mailing list?

cygwin-apps(at)cygwin(dot)com is for packagers

https://cygwin.com/lists.html

> 4. Do I or should I have a package mentor? Right now, I am "winging" it b/c my consumer is myself, but I'd like to know how the sausage is made so I Do It Right.

post on that list and we all try to mentor you

> The Python  packages in the Python 3.8 flavor I have ready:
> python38-asn1crypto
> python38-crypto
> python38-cryptography
> python38-lockfile
> python38-openssl
> python38-pyasn1
> python38-pyasn1-modules

I am currently building from one source for at least 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8
have you looked on the previous source from Yaakov or some of my
last one ?