cygwin install blurry on high dpi Windows 10

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jun 2 21:28:48 GMT 2020

On 29/05/2020 20:37, Csaba Raduly via Cygwin wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM Jon Turney  wrote:
>>
>> On 27/05/2020 12:41, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan via Cygwin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My office laptop is Windows 10 with a high DPI display.
>>>
>>> I found that the installer is blurry, especially inside the window. The
>>> title of the window is clear.
>>>
>>> Is this something that has been reported before? If nobody has reported it,
>>> then I would like to report the issue here.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting this issue.
>>
>> This is Windows doing "dpi virtualization" (it reports 96 dpi to the
>> app, and then upscales what it draws to the actual dpi)
>>
>> Since we (now) use standard UI elements for everything in setup, it
>> should 'just' be a case of marking setup as being able to handle being
>> told the real dpi.
>>
>> I built an updated setup with that change:
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.904-4-gaa071e.x86_64.exe
>> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.904-4-gaa071e.x86.exe
>>

> Thank you very much. I was waiting for this to happen.

No problem.

I can't fix problems I don't know about[*].

[*] this is not an undertaking to fix problems I do know about. :)

> Here's a before-and-after comparison:
>
> https://imgur.com/a/nawlvNd

Thanks.

And of course, the logo is a different size, because it's drawn using an
icon, not an image.