trouble maintaining an open ssh connection past 20 minutes

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Fri Jun 5 19:05:34 GMT 2020

Greetings, Frances B. Webb!

> My ssh config is this, followed by a bunch of hostname aliases:

> Host *
>         ServerAliveInterval 180
> Host solr* jenkins folio*
>         IdentityFile ~/.ssh/aws_id_rsa

> The ServerAliveInterval is something I added when I was trying to debug the
> issue last summer. It didn't work, and I never took it out.

I hope you are aware that all matching operators mutually exclusive?

> The servers that I'm communicating with are a combination of Amazon Web
> Services hosted and on-campus server farm machines. Both sets are virtual
> machines, if that makes any difference. I did ask last summer, and all I got
> from our operations people was an assurance that they definitely didn't set
> up the servers to limit ssh sessions to 20 minutes. If there are specific
> misconfigurations that someone can suggest I check or ask them about, I'd be
> happy to pursue that further. Out-of-date server software is worth looking
> into if there are known incompatibilities.

Do you have any local firewall software installed?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...