[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 3.1.8

Fergus Daly fergusd84@outlook.com
Fri Jun 12 10:36:21 GMT 2020

Glitch?
Sorry: I acknowledge that this is maximally unhelpful through lacking a worked example,
but just in case it triggers a MeToo with others, that can be better described and/or is replicable.
I start Cygwin with mintty v.3.1.8.
I start an application (actually a stats package) at the mintty prompt.
>From within the application, edit a library file by calling nano. Save file and exit nano.
Still from within the application, all subsequent uses of nano (any file) present a corrupted file,
starting with line j, followed by j blank lines then line j+1.
(j alters from time to time, round about 15-20.)
Press PgDn to get past the blanks, then press PgUp to start of file: this works
(i.e. recovers the complete file for editing) with the minor glitch that line j is still printed
(but inaccessible) at start-of-file - like some kind of title banner.
Conceivably this has revealed a hitherto concealed mis-match between the application and/or nano
- but this phenomenon started immediately after a couple of mintty updates ago, and the same procedure
Of editing-within-the-application works entirely glitch-free within bash, and within xterm.
Again, sorry for non-replicable glitch - I'll keep trying - and sincere apols to Thomas Wolff if the glitch
resides elsewhere than mintty - but it would be good to get any similar accounts.