cygwin x11 doesn't start after windows 10 upgrade

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:49:13 GMT 2020

On 14.06.2020 18:12, Steinar Bang wrote:

>> Steinar Bang writes:
>> [troubles with XWin]
>
>> Have a look at what Windows shows as the processes that are running.
>
>> I've had intermittent problems with XWin processes running without
>> actually showing any windows.  You can see process information either
>> with a special tool such as ProcExp or with the builtin Windows task
>> manager, via Control-Alt-Delete.
>
>> If you find XWin processes, let us know.
>
> There were no XWin processes in the "Processes" tab of the task manager.
>
> I couldn't see any XWin processes in sysinternals procexp64 either.  And
> search for "xwin" in procexp gave no matches.

I guess we have only two methods to further going down

1) checking with strace if it is crashing during any system call

  strace -o XWin.strace /usr/bin/XWin :0 -multiwindow  -auth

XWin.strace should contain some hints, hopefully

2) use the gdb debugger, but it will require the installation of
several debuginfo packages

Regards
Marco