cygwin x11 doesn't start after windows 10 upgrade

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Jun 16 04:59:51 GMT 2020

Holger, Vodafone writes:
> At least I know, that TrendMicro is on my System, if someone can help
> me, which folder is meant to be added to the TrendMicro Exceptions I
> can check with our internal IT.

If the root-kit-like character of some of their components and the many
CVE in TrendMicro that essentially do the opposite of what the product
is promised to do hasn't already convinced your administrators to get
rid of it, you should exempt the Cygwin installation directory from all
their heuristics and "on-line" check and mitigation facilities.  How
exactly to do this varies, but in a corporate environment these are
usually not modifiable by the user.

Regards,
Achim.