Cygwin/X starts up LXDE?

J progman3k@gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:23:30 GMT 2020

Hello,

I went ahead and installed everything but now when I use the XWin
Server shortcut, I get a window that covers the Windows desktop,
titled pcmanfm. The xdg system tray icon also starts, along with the
"Cygwin/X Server:0.0" system-tray icon.

The desktop window contains a desktop, with a trash-can and a
background wallpaper that says LXDE.

I've installed the X server component before, but usually, when I
start the XWin Server, the two system-tray icons start, but nothing
else. At install-time, I didn't select any options for a specific
desktop, at least I don't think I did.

I've looked into the documentation to see why this happens, but I have
no user-specific X startup files that I can see:

$ ls -la
-rw-r--r--      .bash_history
-rw-r--r--      .bash_profile
-rw-r--r--      .bashrc
drwxr-xr-x   .cache/
drwxr-xr-x   .config/
drwxr-xr-x   .dbus/
drwxr-xr-x   .dbus-keyrings/
drwxr-xr-x   .gnupg/
-rw-r--r--      .ICEauthority
-rw-r--r--      .inputrc
-rw-r--r--      .lesshst
drwxr-xr-x   .local/
-rw-r--r--      .minttyrc
-rw-r--r--      .profile
drwxr-xr-x   .ssh/
-rw-r--r--      .Xauthority
drwxr-xr-x   Desktop/

Is there a way to disable the full-desktop startup, so that only the
the X Server and xdg menu start?

Thank you very much